Transport and Load Restraint
Transport cargo restraint and load restraint products are the perfect work vehicle companion to quickly secure any loose items that need restraining to prevent movement from movement when being transported between locations. Ratchet tie straps is the most commonly used cargo restraint, feature a steel ratchet handle with a high tensile polyester webbing, which has great water, UV resistant and resistant to chemicals, besides they feature low-stretch properties and good durability than load binders. They are not lifting equipment and cannot be used for lifting applications under any circumstances.
Hilifting is a professional transport cargo restraint supplier and load restraint manufacturer in China, if you have any Interested in wholesale polyester webbing slings, please contact us for more information, we help you and your business grow and succeed.
Transport and Load Restraint Category
It is very important to follow the correct heavy-duty ratchet strap instructions while you’re transporting cargo in a truck-bed or trailer.
1. So what is a Ratchet Strap?
A ratchet strap is used to secure and tie downloads during transport. It is very different from load binders, which is lightweight, low stretch rate and resistant to abrasion, making for idea cargo load restraint securement device.
2. And what are ratchet straps made of?
The webbing part is made from polyester, with different widths, length, working load limit, and the ratchet buckle and ending fitting have many different types for different applications.
3. How many different types of ratchet straps can you supply?
Ratchet straps are one of the most popular methods for securing cargo and available in a variety of colors, widths and lengths, generally from 25mm(1″) to 100mm(4″) with different ratchet buckles and end hooks.
4. How to use ratchet straps?
Always be sure to follow the ratchet strap instructions for the unit, for some tie down straps have different configurations.
Follow the 4 steps to make your ratchet straps safe and easy:
- Keep the strap loose and not twisted.
- Thread the strap through the mandrel of ratchet, and then pull the strap back to until taut.
- Crank the ratchet the handle upwards and downwards to secure the strap.
- Close the ratchet handle to lock down the ratchet handle in place.
5. How to loosen a ratchet strap?
Once you’ve arrived at your destination, follow the 4 steps to quickly undo your ratchet straps from your cargo:
- Pull the small tab near the top of the ratchet to release the ratchet strap.
- Open the ratchet completely to make the ratchet lays flat.
- Pull strap out of the mandrel slot.
- Pull and hold the small tab to close ratchet back down.
6. Useful tips for how to store ratchet straps
When the ratchet straps are removed from your cargos, put the ratchet handle back into its locked position, and then how to store ratchet straps? Here are some useful tips to extend the lifespan of tie down straps:
1. Keep the ratchet strap clean and dry before storage, store them in a dry but away from sunlight environment can extend the tie down straps lifespan.
2. Inspect the ratchet straps and steel ratcheting mechanisms for potential defects if any burns, or frayed on the straps, or corrosion on the steel ratchet buckles.
3. Coil up and secure the ratchet tie down straps with rubber bands or bungee cords to keep ratchet straps organized.
The above tips can greatly improve the lifespan of your ratchet straps. You can find our full line of tie downs, visit our Transport & Load Restraint page, you can find the best ratchet strap replacement if your tie down straps does become damaged.