Wire Rope Thimbles
Wire rope thimbles can form an eye or loop at the end of wire rope or wire rope sling to offer added protection from wear and tear of direct contact and deformation of the eye to keep an eye from being crushed, extending the service life of the wire rope or wire rope sling.
Hilifting is one of the best wire rope thimble manufacturers in China, we offer various types of wire rope thimbles with a range of sizes, suitable for wire rope diameters, commercial standard thimbles, light duty rope cable thimbles, and heavy duty steel thimbles.
If you have any Interested in wholesale wire rope thimbles, please contact us for more information, we help you and your business grow and succeed.
Wire Rope Thimbles Category
Hilifting Your Best Manufacturer Of Wire Rope Thimbles In China
1. What is a wire rope thimble?
Wire rope thimbles are designed to make reinforce wire rope loops with sleeves or wire rope clips or clamps by preventing fraying caused by friction at the bearing anchor point to protect and extend the service life of the Wire Rope or Wire Rope Sling. They are just one of the many types of wire rope fittings (ferrules, wire rope clips, terminals, etc.).
2. Type of wire rope thimbles
Wire rope thimbles are available in a variety of strengths, materials, and surface finishses.
- Light duty: Our line of standard to light duty thimbles including Din6899 A thimble, Din6899 B thimble, European commercial thimble, and Us type G411 thimble, which are all zinc plated.
- Heavy Duty: Heavy duty wire rope thimbles are hot dip galvanized, which can create thicker coating than light duty thimbles, and are available in BS464 thimble for UK market, Us type G414 thimble and tube without gusset wire rope thimble
Besides carbon steel thimble, we can also supply stainless steel wire rope thimbles which offer resistance to corrosion on the surface, are ideal for high moisture or corrosive environments, particularly in marine applications. Please click here or see the following items for your refers.
3. How to use wire rope thimble?
Wire rope thimbles are used in conjunction with cable and rope to protect the eyes and will allow for smooth rope guiding around natural curves. So that the most important thing is to make sure the thimble eye securely fastened. Here are some tips for correctly using wire rope thimble:
- To know the right rope thimble size to the cable, for example when you are using 1/2 wire rope thimble, use a 1/2 wire rope thimble.
- But if you use wire rope thimble for vinyl coated cable, you should use larger size thimble than normal, for the actual diameter is the thickness of the vinyl coating plus the inside wire rope diameter.
4. How to install a wire rope thimble?
Wire rope thimbles are designed to make reinforce wire rope eye to protect and extend the service life of the ropes. As mentioned above, the right rope thimble size to the cable, then insert the ropes into the thimble tube, at the last use the sleeves or wire rope clips by preventing fraying caused by friction at the bearing anchor point to hold onto the end of the thimble.