Eye Bolts And Nuts
Eye bolt and eye nut are the most common rigging accessories in lifting industries to form a lifting or securement point. There are varieties available in a wide range of metric and imperial sizes, as well as high tensile steel or stainless steel options.
As is the case with all rigging fittings, the application determines which of the various types to use although there is a wide range of shapes and eye bolt sizes. Basely we can offer type eye bolts are available in our production line: machinery eye bolt, shoulder eye bolt, lag screw eye bolt, and regular eye bolt with nut with hot dipped galvanized, stainless steel, and self-colored, these finishes also for our eye nuts.
We are a leading manufacturer and supplier of lifting eye bolt and nut, if you are looking for eye bolt that offers good quality and competitive prices, you are in the right place now, contact us today for a no obligation quote! Avail discounts on bulk order of galvanized eye bolts!
Eye Bolts And Nuts Category
Hilifting Your Best Lifting Eye Bolts And Nuts Manufacturers In China In China
1. What are eye bolts?
Eye bolts are one of the most used in applications where the load is pulled away from the eye or toward the eye in material handling. Eye bolts have the simplest design but made from forged steel that has been quenched and tempered, commonly consisting of a threaded shank with a ring or eye at one end. Eye bolts are threaded to structures such as wood, steel or concrete, and often lock by a nut. They are designed to create a lifting eye through rope, cable or shackles that can be secured for their safe working load.
2. Type of eye bolts
There are many types of eye bolts that come in a variety of sizes and materials, some of the most common include regualr eye bolt, machine thread eye bolts, shoulder type eye bolt, eye bolt wood screw thread, and din580 eye bolt.
- Regular Eye Bolt
Regular eye bolt is a non-shouldered eye bolt with a nut, it is designed to be inserted through a hole and secured on the backside with the provided nut. It can only be used for completely vertical straight line straight line pulls or supporting an overhead load only. It will bend and break if loaded at the side or angular loading, so it is not recommended for angular loading. For angular lifts, shoulder eye bolts are the better choice.
- Shoulder Eye Bolt
Shoulder eye bolt features a supporting shoulder to provide more stability to the base of the eye, so that can be loaded with slings at angles or with any kind of angular loading, but the capacity will be lost at different angles loading, but make sure that the shoulder eye bolt is installed properly. If the shoulder is not completely flush, it can only be used for vertical lifts, equal to regular eye bolt.
- Machinery Eye Bolt
Machinery eye bolt is also called shoulder pattern machinery eye bolt, features a shoulder with short, fully threaded shank but without a secured nut. It is designed to be screwed directly into threaded or tapped holes, used as a connection point in rigging applications.
- Wood screw thread eye bolt
Lag wooden screw eye bolts are designed for screwing into thimbles. So, they don’t have a working load limit assigned to them because they are not possible to determine the various densities and conditions of the wood the eye bolts are screwed into.
- Din580 eye bolt
Din580 eye bolts are collared lifting eye bolts, similar or correspond to standard Din 580. These collared eye bolt have fully threaded short not long shank, similar to US type machine thread eye bolts, but with a more strong shoulder, they are used for side or angular lifting as long as the collar is properly seated. The lifting eye bolt din 580 capacity will be lost at a different angle of loading, and be sure that not be used once the side pulling angle of > 45°, use other lifting points or swivel hoist rings for the lifts.
3. Materials of eye bolts
Eye bolts and eye nuts are commonly made of carbon steel and stainless steel.
- Carbon steel eye bolts
carbon steel eye bolts are usually galvanized, forged and annealed. Forged steel eye bolts has higher thermal conductivity, lower melting point, more malleability and durability, and better heat distribution. than stainless steel so that they can be treat heated, ideal for cold weather applications and maintain the structural integrity and performance even in cold environments.
- Stainless Steel Eye Bolts
Stainless steel eye bolts have a high chromium content that forms an invisible layer on the steel to prevent corrosion, due to this reason stainless eye bolts will endure longer in decking, architectural and marine applications since their high polished finish compared with galvanized carbon steel eye bolts.
4. How are eye bolts measured?
The image below shows markings and specifications that are common across all types of eye bolts.
- Shank diameter (thread) (A)
- length of the shank (B)
- Exterior eye diameter (C)
- Interior eye diameter (D)
- Overall length (E)
The diameter of the shank (A) and length of the shank (B) are the most important aspect for eye bolts, because they will infect the working load limit and thickness of the material that the eye bolt will be installed into.
5. How to calculate eye bolt capacity?
The eye bolts are available in various working load limit to lift different weights.
The working load limit refers to the load a single eye bolt can lift when the load is applied through the shank of the eye bolt vertically.
As the sling angle occurs at any other angle, the eye bolt capacity of the eye bolt begins to diminish. The greater the angle the more drastically the rated capacity is reduced. It is very important that riggers understand this phenomenon completely in order to choose the proper eye bolt to make their lift safely:
5 degrees 100% of working load limit
15 degrees 80% of working load limit
30 degrees 65% of working load limit
45 degrees 30% of working load limit
46+ degrees Not recommended
6. How to install eye bolts?
The correct installation of eye bolts is same important as choosing eye bolt, here are some tips for installation:
- Check the thickness of the material, then choose the right the eye bolt with enough length to go through.
- Tighten the nut make the eye bolt firmly seated and keep the eye bolt shoulder flush against the mating surface.
- Use steel washers to fill the space of the unthreaded part of the shank, but the thickness of the steel washer must not exceed one thread pitch.
7. Why choose Hilifting eye bolts?
- One-stop service and solutions supplier, approved by ISO9001 and TUV.
- Rich experience and skilled workers with full line state of the art machinery, we have full forging production line of 1600 tons friction press, mould processing centers, CNC hammer forging production lines, all kinds of testing machine including: universal, fatigue test, and toughness testing machine. Besides we have great CAD R&D design systems.
- Quick Response, our sales team respond to inquiries within 10 hours during the working time and 24 hours in closing time. Feel free to contact us anytime for urgent issues.
- Strict quality control and with long term quality inspection contract with SGS, our quality control process
- Pre-shipment picture and video for help our customers handling packing and quality.
- Passed 3rd party audit arranged by several top 500 company and be their long term contract supplier.